Today was a crappy day. I know I'm not supposed to say "crappy" (we're trying to stop Mckenzie from saying "crap"), but tonight I am! This morning, I rolled out of bed to find poo on the floor of the girls bedroom and into the bathroom. How did I find the first pile? By stepping in it. Thanks to my mom, I have a carpet cleaner and it works great!
My apartment was a total disaster, I wasn't dressed, the girls were in diaper/underwear and I hear my visiting teacher (whom I LOVE) yelling up to my window. I have to be honest, the thought ran through my mind not to answer her, but she's such a great VT and super sweetheart, that I jumped up, threw some clothes on and "cleaned" the main areas of the apartment. If you know me, you know that I hate it when people come over and the house isn't clean (I got that from my mom)... Anyway, she was awesome and helped with the girls while I finished cleaning the poo.
The rest of the day was filled pretty much with watching movies and holding Abby because she's teething (yes, she is FINALLY getting some teeth). Bedtime routine went fine.
A few minutes after they were in bed, I hear Mckenzie cry. Went in to check on her and lo and behold, POO!!!!! EVERYWHERE! A pile on the floor between the wall and her bed, smeared on the wall, the mattress and the bed frame. I wasn't the happiest momma in the world! Mckenzie hated having it all over her, so I'm assuming it was smeared everywhere as she tried to wipe it off. Dan took Mckenzie into the bathroom to clean her up (mostly on her feet). I asked Dan how bad the diaper was. He said there was nothing in it, but maybe a little pee and a small spot of brown on the outside of the diaper. WHAT!?! How in the world did this happen? The diaper was on completely when I went in to check on her and she's never put a diaper on herself before.
Anyway, Mckenzie, the bed, the wall, and the floor are all clean now and she's fast asleep in my bed... Hope there's not another explosion when I go to bed...
Thursday, May 07, 2009
Today was a crappy day...literally
at 7:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







4 comments:
yuck. hopefully this isn't something you guys have to do anymore at your house. sounds pretty miserable. i wouldn't have been happy either.
I completely understand your pain! For your sake and sanity, I really hope it's just a 1 day thing. It's nice your V.T. could help with your girls while you got all cleaned up. Sorry about your day, I hope today's a whole lot better!
Ugh! I've been there. It's in moments like those, where your knee deep in a room covered in poo, that you think, "Was this in the job description when I became a mom?" Or at least that is what I think. :) My mom gave me the tip to start putting Tanner's zip up jammies on backyards and zipping him into them so that he couldn't access the poo. It worked great until he was potty trained.
P.S. About the jammies, they were the kind with feet, but we cut the feet off in order to put them on backwards. ;)
Post a Comment